E-books in Russian and English
PostgreSQL 9.0 High Performance by Gregory Smith
Accelerate your PostgreSQL system
* Learn the right techniques to obtain optimal PostgreSQL database performance, from initial design to routine maintenance.
* Discover the techniques used to scale successful database installations.
* Avoid the common pitfalls that can slow your system down.
* Filled with advice about what you should be doing; how to build experimental databases to explore performance topics, and then move what you've learned into a production database environment.
* Covers versions 8.1 through 9.0.
PostgreSQL database servers have a common set of problems they encounter as their usage gets heavier and requirements more demanding. You could spend years discovering solutions to them all, step by step as you encounter them. Or you can just look in here.
All successful database applications are destined to eventually run into issues scaling up their performance. Peek into the future of your PostgreSQL database's problems today. Know the warning signs to look for, and how to avoid the most common issues before they even happen.
Surprisingly, most PostgreSQL database applications evolve in the same way: Choose the right hardware. Tune the operating system and server memory use. Optimize queries against the database, with the right indexes. Monitor every layer, from hardware to queries, using some tools that are inside PostgreSQL and others that are external.
Using monitoring insight, continuously rework the design and configuration. On reaching the limits of a single server, break things up; connection pooling, caching, partitioning, and replication can all help handle increasing database workloads.
The path to a high performance database system isn't always easy. But it doesn't have to be mysterious with the right guide.
A clear, step-by-step guide to optimizing and scaling up PostgreSQL database servers
What you will learn from this book
* How to implement PostgreSQL features for reliability and performance
* How to use the latest PostgreSQL 9.0 features
* Summaries to help DBAs with experience of other database systems
* Advanced technical tips and scripts for experienced users
* Best practice for planning and designing live databases.
* How and when to VACUUM your databases.
* Selecting and implementing robust backup techniques.
* Concise and clear guidance on replication and high availability.
Written in the cookbook style, this book offers learning and techniques through recipes. It contains step-by-step instructions for administrators and developers to manage databases on PostgreSQL. The book is designed in such a way that you can read it chapter by chapter or refer to recipes in no particular order.
Who this book is written for
This book is for Sysadmins, Database Administrators, Architects, Developers, and anyone with an interest in planning for or running live production databases. This book is most suited to those who have some technical experience.
|Playboy||IT Expert||Xakep||Info City||Computer Bild||Upgrade||XXL||SysAdmin|
|Mix||Rapidshare Links Catalog|
Design/Web/Support/Anti-Leech by izograv @ yandex.ru
Optimized for Firefox | Anti-Leech tested on IE, Firefox, Reget