E-books in Russian and English
This book covers the entire process of building a website. This process involves much more than just technical knowledge, and this book provides you with all the information you'll need to understand the concepts behind designing and developing for the Web, as well as the best means to deliver professional, best-practice-based results.
There is far more to building a successful website than knowing a little Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). The process starts long before any coding takes place, and this book introduces you to the agile development process, explaining why this method makes so much sense for web projects and how best to implement it. Planning is vital, so you'll also learn how to use techniques such as brainstorming, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to get your project off to the best possible start and help ensure smooth progress as it develops.
An understanding of correct, semantic markup is essential to any web professional, so this book explains how XHTML should be used to structure content so that the markup adheres to current web standards. You'll learn about the wide range of HTML elements available to you, and you'll learn how and when to use them through building example web pages.
Without creative use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), websites would all look largely the same. CSS gives you the ability to set your website apart from the rest while maintaining the integrity of your markup. You'll learn how CSS works and how to apply styles to your pages, enabling you to realize your design ideas in the browser.
While a website is being built, it needs to be tested across multiple browsers and platforms to ensure that the site works for all users, regardless of ability or disability, and the book explains how best to do these tasks. Then, it discusses the process of launching and maintaining the site so that it will continue to work for all its users throughout its life-cycle.
The book concludes by covering server-side technologies, acting as a guide to the different options available and explaining differences between available products. With insights from renowned experts such as Jason Fried of 37signals, Daniel Burka of Digg and Pownce, and Chris Messina of Citizen Agency, Foundation Website Creation provides invaluable information applicable to every web project, regardless of size, scope, or budget.
In this book you'll
* See how the Web has developed and the role web standards play
* Learn how to plan and manage the building of a website
* Learn how to separate content from presentation with HTML and CSS
* Learn how best to test, launch, and maintain a website
Summary of Contents
* Chapter 1 Introducing the Past, Present, and Future of the Web
* Chapter 2 Keeping a Project on Track
* Chapter 3 Planning and High-Level Design
* Chapter 4 Writing Markup with HTML and XHTML
* Chapter 5 Exploring Fundamental Concepts of CSS
* Chapter 6 Developing CSS in Practice: From Design to Deployment
* Chapter 8 Testing, Launching, and Maintaining
* Chapter 9 Web 2.0: Using Ajax and Social Software
* Chapter 10 Using Server-Side Technologies
* Afterword The Business of the Web
|Playboy||IT Expert||Xakep||Info City||Computer Bild||Upgrade||XXL||SysAdmin|
|Mix||Rapidshare Links Catalog|
Design/Web/Support/Anti-Leech by izograv @ yandex.ru
Optimized for Firefox | Anti-Leech tested on IE, Firefox, Reget